FortiWeb-3000C is a web security appliance that provides web application and XML firewalls to protect, balance, and accelerate web applications, databases, and the information exchanged between them. The FortiWeb-3000C is designed for large enterprises, application service and Cloud-based Service Providers; and can drastically reduce the deployment time and complexities of introducing web-based applications. The FortiWeb-3000C applies Fortinet's industry-leading threat research to protect web-based applications, improving the security of confidential information and aiding in legislative and PCI compliance.
The FortiWeb-3000C platform goes beyond traditional web application firewall (WAF) web security devices to provide XML security enforcement, hardware-based application acceleration, and server load balancing to set new standards for the capabilities of a web security appliance. The FortiWeb-3000C leverages an intelligent, application-aware load-balancing engine to distribute traffic and route content across multiple web servers. This load balancing increases resource utilization, application stability, and server response times. Independent SSL and XML encryption processors, which increase transaction throughput and reduce processing requirements from web servers, provide additional acceleration for web application traffic.
- FortiWeb is the only product that provides a Vulnerability Scanner module within the web application firewall that completes a comprehensive solution for PCI DSS requirement 6.6.
- Web application firewall provides multiple protection layers to prevent attacks against vulnerable web applications: Application signatures, HTTP RFC compliance, auto-learn based violations, data leak prevention, and authentication capabilities.
- Web defacement protection monitors protected applications for any defacement and can automatically revert to stored version.
- XML firewall enforces properly formed and coded pages through XML IPS, schema validation, WSDL verification, XML expression limiting and other Fortinet-developed security technologies.
- Secures web applications and protects sensitive database content by blocking threats such as cross-site scripting, SQL injection, buffer overflows, file inclusion, denial of service, cookie poisoning, and schema poisoning.
- Aides in PCI DSS 6.5 and 6.6 compliance by protecting against OWASP top 10 web application vulnerabilities, and uses web application firewall technology to block web-based attacks.
- Multiple deployment options to fit every environment and network design.
- Reduces deployment and management complexities by ensuring protection of all web applications regardless of code changes or additions.
- SSL and XML encryption co-processing accelerates transaction times, offloads encryption functions, and reduces web server processing requirements.
- Server load balancing and content-based routing increases application speeds, improves server resource utilization and stabilizes applications.
- Active/passive high availability support implements full configuration synchronization to ensure availability of applications.
|Security Hardened Platform
|10/100/1000 Ethernet (Copper)
||6 (2 from FortiModule)
||2 x 1 TB
(4 x 1TB drive optional)
|Maximum Transactions per Second
||Inline Transparent, True Transparent Proxy, Reverse Proxy, or Offline Sniffing