The three different FortiBalancer models; FortiBalancer 400, FortiBalancer 1000 and FortiBalancer 2000 allow for a variety of different deployments depending on an organization's specific requirements. Each model utilizes multi-core processor technology and ASIC acceleration for linear scalability. This enables the FortiBalancer series appliances to handle heavy Layer 4 through 7 traffic loads while delivering unmatched performance and scalability for small, medium and large enterprises.
Since FortiBalancer appliances are fully aware of Layers 4 through 7 application traffic, connections, transactions, and content; IT departments can create event-driven policies for intelligent distribution of application traffic across web and application servers, while eliminating the need to replicate content across multiple servers.
- 1.5 to 10 Gbps throughput and 1M to 8M concurrent connections allows for small enterprise through to cloud-scale performance levels
- Full range of Layer 2 through Layer 7 load-balancing methods
- Intelligent traffic management for optimized application delivery and availability
- Server offloading for improved application acceleration, scale and TCO
- Local/global load balancing and clustering for 99.999% application uptime
- Built-in caching, compression, SSL processing and TCP connection multiplexing for 50% or more improvement in user experience
- SSL encryption for securing and protecting applications without impacting performance
- Browser based Web user interface for ease of management
- API's for integration with applications, virtual and datacenter management tools and 3rd party products
- Appliance form factor for simplified deployment
- Support for both proxy and transparent modes
- Deployable in one-arm and two-arm configurations